Adwords and SEO are the two most important supplements of SEM – Search Engine Marketing and are amongst your most precious tools while preparing for virtual advertising campaigns.
Both of them have got similarities and differences. You can use SEO and Adwords together or separately. Let’s dive into the deep end!
What is Google Adwords?
In the world of digital advertising and marketing, the words like Adwords,campaigns and so on can be heard very frequently. You may not be familiar with the terms but, after reading the following excerpt, you will get a full idea of it.
Google Adwords is an advertising platform from Google. Adwords enable companies to place an advert on Google and other Google advertising places. The advertiser have to pay if a person clicks on the advert or when people actually visit/see their ad.
What is SEO?
Seo or Search Engine Optimisation has to do with the ranking of your website in the Search Results page. The better the SEO the better the ranking. Search Engine Optimisation ensures that your website is search engine friendly.
You can also read my other posts regarding SEO.
Adwords Vs SEO: Let’s compare them!
(1) Adwords is exclusively for the Google Platform whereas, SEO is for all the search engine.
(2) For Adwords, you have to pay per click, and SEO is organic but you have to continuously work to maintain the rank of your website.
(3) Adwords can give an instant result to be placed in the desired place on the Google search engine but, SEO may take time to show up the website in places. Though there is no guarantee that SEO will help your website to be ranked higher up in the search results.
(4) It is easier to calculate the ROI with Adwords. But with Search Engine Optimisation, it is not easy as a lot more elements to consider apart from the spending and revenue.
(5) Unlike SEO, AdWords gives better exposure of your website as it runs on numerous other registered Google Ads Websites.