So you think you know your SEO right ? Take a quick quiz to find out.
Adwords and SEO are the two most important supplements of SEM – Search Engine Marketing and are amongst your most precious tools while preparing for virtual advertising campaigns.
Both of them have got similarities and differences. You can use SEO and Adwords together or separately. Let’s dive into the deep end!
What is Google Adwords?
In the world of digital advertising and marketing, the words like Adwords,campaigns and so on can be heard very frequently. You may not be familiar with the terms but, after reading the following excerpt, you will get a full idea of it.
Google Adwords is an advertising platform from Google. Adwords enable companies to place an advert on Google and other Google advertising places. The advertiser have to pay if a person clicks on the advert or when people actually visit/see their ad.
What is SEO?
Seo or Search Engine Optimisation has to do with the ranking of your website in the Search Results page. The better the SEO the better the ranking. Search Engine Optimisation ensures that your website is search engine friendly.
You can also read my other posts regarding SEO.
Adwords Vs SEO: Let’s compare them!
(1) Adwords is exclusively for the Google Platform whereas, SEO is for all the search engine.
(2) For Adwords, you have to pay per click, and SEO is organic but you have to continuously work to maintain the rank of your website.
(3) Adwords can give an instant result to be placed in the desired place on the Google search engine but, SEO may take time to show up the website in places. Though there is no guarantee that SEO will help your website to be ranked higher up in the search results.
(4) It is easier to calculate the ROI with Adwords. But with Search Engine Optimisation, it is not easy as a lot more elements to consider apart from the spending and revenue.
(5) Unlike SEO, AdWords gives better exposure of your website as it runs on numerous other registered Google Ads Websites.
- Optimising the keyword : By using a keyword planner, list all the relevant keywords that have low competition and high search volume. Build backlinks to your site, once you start to insert those keywords. To get ranked, insert the keywords into the website pages. Build backlinks from other sites to yours on these keywords. You may also try getting the infographics and submit it in various directories and blogs with your backlink.
- Increasing the popularity on trustworthy sites : Links helps search engines to analyse different weights like authority, trust and spam. It also helps the search engine to analyse the popularity. Through links, trustworthy sites tend to link to other trusted sites and hence it is automatically optimised by the search engine.
- User experience,Content enhancement and Usability : Ranking includes factors such as – relevance of the query and the information provided, ability to access to modern browsers, Providing high content delivery, Ease of access to a site and so on. The more the ease of usage, the higher the ranking.
- Metrics of Engagement : Search engines measures the ranking success on different factors. One of them being the offered product itself. Different products have different engagement metrics. The longer you spend your time, the better the ranking status.